Meet Our Team
Chief Executive Officer, Donald Cogsville
- Don Cogsville has dedicated his career on numerous initiatives to expand access to institutional investment opportunities to underrepresented investors and to revive communities through investment in commercial and residential real estate while working alongside the federal government and institutional capital partners, including the first public-private partnership between the federal government and private investors in which a minority- owned firm had taken stake. Mr. Cogsville experience includes investing in five loan portfolios from the FDIC with principal balances of $3 billion secured by 4,000 commercial real estate properties in 49 states.
Mr. Cogsville began his career as a corporate transactional attorney at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, representing clients such as Apollo Global Management, Bank of America, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts, Goldman Sachs and McAndrews & Forbes. After Skadden, Arps, Mr. Cogsville was an investment banker in the Leveraged Finance Group at Merrill Lynch, where he executed in excess of $20 billion of structured and real estate transactions representing financial sponsors in connection with high yield debt and arranging credit facilities for homebuilders and other industries.
- Mr. Cogsville left Merrill Lynch to found RCM Saratoga Capital LLC, a boutique investment banking firm, focused on generating value in the urban marketplace. Mr. Cogsville launched RCM Saratoga Capital in 2003 with the mission of bringing high-calibre financial services to the inner-city neighborhoods. Mr. Cogsville provided a full range of capital markets, investment banking and asset management offerings to a diversified client base including corporations, financial institutions, government entities and high net-worth individuals. By 2006, RCM Saratoga was generating greater than $5 million in annual revenue. Mr. Cogsville decided to sell his firm the same year entered real estate private equity.
- Mr. Cogsville was a member of the 1988 US national soccer team and a first round draft pick for the 1990 MISL champion San Diego Sockers. Mr. Cogsville earned his Juris Doctor from Rutgers University and a Baccalaureate from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Director, Jovaun Boyd
- Jovaun Boyd has over 10 years of experience in institutional real estate and finance, including with JPMorgan, PNC Bank and Jones Lang LaSalle.
- Has serviced over $8 billion in client projects, including marketing over $3.0 billion in real estate debt and equity transactions.
- Holds an MBA with a focus on real estate and entrepreneurship from Columbia Business School and a B.S. in Economics from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania